With Food And Cosplay giving a greater awareness of Mental health, we shared a video titled I had a black dog, his name was depression, where it describes depressing like a black dog.
“Living with a black dog” is a follow-up to “I had a black dog, his name was depression,” which offers practical advice for coming to terms with and overcoming depression.
Both videos were produced by writer and illustrator Matthew Johnstone in collaboration with WHO, and were based on books of the same name.
Should you be struggling with your wellbeing and mental health and need someone to talk, here is a list of services that we hope can help you.
- Mind Info Line 0300 123 3393 (Mon – Fri 9am to 5pm)
- Samaritans 116 123 (everyday, 24 hours)
- C.A.L.M. 0808 802 58 58 (everyday 5pm to midnight)
- HOPElinkUK 0800 068 4141
- YoungMinds www.youngminds.org.uk
- Anxiety UK 08444 775 774
- BEAT – eating disorder 0845 634 1414
- Local Services (NHS Choices or NHS 111)
- Student Minds www.studentminds.org.uk
- Boots Domestic Violence