Whenever I see someone who have a camera and I “politely” ask them do they know how to use it? I always offer to send them links I’ve used to understand how to do photography. I think the follow videos have improved my photography.
Some of the tips used in these videos do cross over each other which is good. Peter McKinnon, does such great weekly video that I really recommend on following. Here are some tips I do with my photography.
- On the camera, make sure the focus point of your subject is on the eye or the intended part of the photo.
- Always think “what can I do that someone else hasn’t?”. It’s great to take the same frame/photo as everyone else, but if you want to stand out, doing exactly the same thing won’t help. Try a different angle or location instead.
- Don’t forget to get higher or lower then you subject.
- Always show what you have taken of the model so they can see when is taken and maybe make adjustments if they spot something you haven’t.
- Don’t be afraid to ask others for help. I am constantly asking for people’s help and most of the time, they have given me such invaluable tips to get me through the photo shoot.
I hope these videos and tips have help in some way. I hope to see more people out there with a camera and please, do send them into our facebook page so we can show them off to the world you new found hobby.